Temp to Direct Hire; Full-time with benefits
Motor Components, LLC located in Elmira Heights, NY is a global leader in the electronic fuel pump industry that designs, manufactures, and distributes Low-and High-Pressure Fuel Pumps utilized in the OEM and Aftermarket for gasoline and diesel applications. Motor Components, LLC is currently seeking Mechanical Assemblers to work on the production floor. As a Mechanical Assembler, you will be required to perform a variety of repetitive short-cycle timed tasks necessary to produce the finished product. These operations may be mechanical, manual, bench, or conveyorized nature involving the assembly, subassembly, and/or testing of fuel pumps.
Relevant Experience and Skills:
- Ability to read and understand basic engineering drawings, operation sheets, job safety analysis sheets, manufacturing instructions, and other literature pertaining to assembly/packaging areas.
- Ability to compute and record statistical and other numerical data utilizing basic knowledge of mathematics and using machines that automatically perform mathematical calculations.
- While standing or sitting, operate a variety of machines such as arbor presses, welding machines, coil winding machines, crimping machines, and pneumatic tools.
- While standing or sitting perform various hand assembly operations using hand or power-driven tools and special tooling which may be designed for the line such as pliers, solder iron, screw drives, hammers.
- Move objects manually, by use of conveyor or hand trucks.
- Check quality of work visually, by feel or with quality checking devices.
- Lift up to 40 pounds individually or up to 55 pounds as a two-person lift. Exert up to 50 pounds of horizontal force occasionally to move objects.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- $15.00/hr. upon passing of pre-placement drug screen and physical exam; rate increases to current contract rate at time of hire
Work Schedule ~ Candidate must be available to work both shifts):
- 1st Shift: Monday – Friday 7:00am-3:30pm plus overtime
- 2nd Shift: Monday – Friday 3:30pm-12 midnight plus overtime
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance; Paid Time Off; 401(k) with Company Profit Sharing
Motor Components, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, veteran, or disability status.