Full-time with benefits
Motor Components, LLC, located in Elmira Heights, NY, is a designer, manufacturer and distributor of low and high pressure fuel pumps utilized in the OEM and Aftermarket for gasoline and diesel applications.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for providing timely quality engineering solutions to manufacturing and management covering a wide variety of problems/opportunities within a fast paced environment. In addition, the ideal candidate will be able to perform these functions within a results oriented organization that is ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 registered.
Relevant Experience and Skills:
– 5-10 years’ experience within a manufacturing setting.
– Good understanding electro-mechanical devices.
– Basic knowledge of solenoid and motor driven fuel pump theory.
– Knowledge/understanding in the application of various Poka-yokes/error proof devices.
– Proficient in Statistical Methods.
– Knowledge/understanding of best practices for product testing.
– Knowledge/understanding in the application of sound quality systems and the ability to construct/institute and utilize various data bases for the ultimate improvement of product reliability.
– Knowledge/understanding of various compliance requirements, i.e. REACH, ROHS, Conflict Materials, Prop 65 etc.
– Familiar in the use of AutoCAD and Solidworks, with working knowledge of other engineering/quality software.
– Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
– Working knowledge of Lean and ISO.
– Possesses “hands on” as well as theoretical approach to solving problems within a team atmosphere.
– Self-starter with high motivation in solving quality problems without excessive guidance and follow-up.
– Supervisory experience a plus.
– BS/MS Quality Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Technology
– Competitive – DOE
– 1 st Shift: Monday – Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
– Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance; Paid Time Off; 401(k) with Company Matching Benefits